One of the moods of the Tsomorai lake

One of the moods of the Tsomorai lake
A souvenier from 'Ladakh'...

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Crack your nut ....your way!!!

Inspiration can come from anywhere and everywhere.....u have to tap it!!
              This incident took place a long time ago when I was doing my graduation and was interested in NCC, Air-wing. The entrance tests for it were being conducted at a different institute which had its main office of Air - wing there. Unfortunately I didn't know much about the tests as I received a message from a friend on that very day and she herself was equally unaware of it!..
               I had to travel two hours to reach to this college. Wait for another one hour for the instructor to call out the names of all those who had come (prepared!!) for the tests. On top of that we were told to be prepared for a 3 km run (and I hadn't even come in my sportswear or sports shoes...).There were students accompanied by their relatives or friends...and that made me more nervous as I was alone..Nevertheless I decided to go ahead, take off my shoes and give it a try. The heat was terrible and humidity was as its peak and the marine drive track blazed with sunshine as also the sea alongside did. I could feel my feet getting baked as I stood along with the other students on the starting line for the run. As the whistle was blown we began our race amidst the cheering crowd who stood there to watch the action, some were genuine cheer leaders though while some some close relatives of the competitors. After a couple of seconds passed, I could find myself warmed up a bit though others looked a bit exhausted soon. But a little later I too started sweating, heaving but yet looking straight ahead. As I looked ahead.... far ahead from certain yards away I saw a man waving his hand and smiling 'at me'. Adrenalin rushed inside me as I smiled back at him and waved back too. I was little nervous than before and could now easily keep running ahead towards the finishing line.
            People who had come with the girls were enough to make them gather strength and keep moving ahead. The girls reciprocated with either a  hand wave or a forced smile. As for me every time this man waved his hand I would smile and wave back my hand at him till I nearly reached the line and this man standing next to it. As I neared further ahead I could clearly see  his hand direction was now at a girl who was also running right beside me (and not me..) which raised my eyebrows with a side smile. Undoubtedly I still approached him and said 'thanks for waving ur hands'. He looked confused but I knew what that hand had meant for me as I came second in that run.
Well someone has said it true it seems “God gives u the nut.......its u who have to crack it anyways!”

No comments:

Post a Comment